IEEE STEM Ambassador Program
Join us in congratulating the 2021 IEEE STEM Ambassadors!
The application deadline has passed. Look for a new window to open in early 2022.
Are you conducting IEEE STEM outreach events for pre-university students or educators in your local community? Then, we want to hear from you!
The IEEE STEM Ambassador Program was developed to recognize IEEE volunteers, like you, for their contributions to pre-university STEM education. The Program resides under TryEngineering.org and works in partnership with the Volunteer STEM Portal.
All active IEEE Members are invited to submit an application to be considered as an IEEE STEM Ambassador. The applications will be reviewed and those who meet specific criteria will be selected. Ambassador applications will be reviewed and selected annually.
What are the Benefits of Being Selected as a STEM Ambassador?
- Recognition for your contributions to pre-university STEM education
- Opportunity to be involved in a community of IEEE STEM outreach volunteers
- Funding opportunities
- Opportunity to build Region and Section awareness of your work
- Ability to support IEEE pre-university education by sharing your event results
- Access to pre-university STEM education resources
Who is Eligible?
All active IEEE Members conducting IEEE STEM outreach for pre-university students or teachers. Ambassadors will be selected across all Regions, with no limit to the number selected.
Note: The IEEE STEM Ambassador title is a designation given to an individual IEEE volunteer. It is not a Region or Section officer position.
What are the Responsibilities of an IEEE STEM Ambassador?
IEEE STEM Ambassadors will:
- Conduct a minimum of one (1) pre-university STEM outreach event between 1 September and 28 March 2022. (This may be in-person or virtually.)
- Share event results by 28 March 2022
- Submit a STEM outreach program or event to the Volunteer STEM Portal by 28 March 2022
What are the Selection Criteria?
Applications will be reviewed using the following criteria:
- Number of pre-university STEM outreach events (in-person or virtual) conducted in the past 3 years
- Impact of outreach events conducted in the past 3 years
- Number of years conducting pre-university STEM outreach events on behalf of IEEE
- Role you had in helping conduct pre-university STEM outreach events
- Served as the Event Lead or Co-Lead event organizer
- Submitted a program to the Volunteer STEM Portal
- Received an award for STEM outreach work in the past 3 years
Submission Date and Timeline
- The 2021 application deadline has passed. Please look for a new window to open in early 2022.
You will need to prepare the following items before submitting your application.
- Documentation of events you’ve conducted in the past 3 years. This may be a list of events (dates, location, audience), or promotional flyer, social media post, screenshot of the event website, event agenda or any other document that includes the event name, location, date, audience.
- Documentation of the impact your events have made. This may be a list of events (including number of participants and/or any goals that were reached), or an event report, participant feedback report or other document that provides the number of participants and/or any goals that were reached.
- Documentation from any awards you’ve received in the past 3 years related to your pre-university STEM outreach work.
Submit an Application
To 2021 deadline has passed. Please look for a new window to open in early 2022.