IEEE Pre-University STEM Portal Grant Program
Share. Give Back. Inspire
Accepting proposals: 2022 dates coming soon!
Congratulations to all our 2021 IEEE Pre-University STEM Portal Grant Recipients!
Do you have an idea for a STEM program that you want to implement or an innovative idea to expand an existing STEM program and lack the funds to make it happen? Consider applying for a IEEE Pre-University STEM Grant to turn an idea into a reality.
TryEngineering.org launched a new IEEE Pre-University Volunteer STEM Portal January 2021 to support IEEE volunteers in their STEM outreach initiatives as well as building local STEM communities. To further support volunteers efforts, IEEE STEM Outreach grants are now being offered–see all the details below.
Who is Eligible?
Any IEEE member can apply for a grant with the endorsement of an IEEE organizational unit.
What is Funded?
The grant funding is for the implementation of an IEEE pre-university program (ie. materials, venue fees, supplies, food).
IEEE organizational units can receive up to $2000 US dollars.
What is not funded:
- Organizations that are not a division of IEEE
- Overhead (general and administrative or indirect costs)
- Construction or building renovations
- Lobbying or electioneering
- Commercial promotion activities
- Personal or commercial loans
- Grants with an individual as the sole beneficiary
- Scholarships to individuals
- Participation of specific/individual teams at competitions
Programs must meet the following criteria:
- Fulfill the mission of IEEE
- Be implemented by an IEEE operating unit
- Must fit in one or more of the pre-university categories:
Submission Date & Timeline
- Application accepted: TBD
- Review of Applications*: TDB
- Announcement of Grant Recipients: TBD
- Deadline for Final Report : Dec 1, 2022
- Review of Final Reports*: Dec 1 – Dec 5, 2022
First half of funds provided shortly after announcement of grantees and the second half of funds provided after the program is implemented and submitted to portal
* The Pre-University Education Coordinating Committee (PECC) will review all proposals and final reports.
The Pre-University Education Coordinating Committee (PECC) will review all proposals using the STEM Grant Program Evaluation Rubric.
Terms and Conditions
- Final funding is contingent on program implementation and submission to IEEE Volunteer STEM portal
- Support provided by this grant must be acknowledged in all program marketing materials
- Survey data from program participants must be submitted in final report
- All the funds will be sent through a Concentration Banking account of the participating IEEE organization unit
- All funds need to be spent in 2022
Complete the IEEE Pre-University 2022 STEM Portal Grant Application (coming soon!). Please note that you must sign in with your IEEE login.